Will UV Light Actually Eliminate Mould?
When you use UV light correctly, it will eliminate mould, mildew, and a range of additional pathogens. While this light can be placed anywhere in your home or facility, UV light is commonly used to eliminate mould spores within air conditioning units. While UV light is used by many industries for the purpose of eliminating mould, its primary application is microbial decontamination for air purification, water treatment, and medical purposes. When used at short wavelength frequencies, ultraviolet light is germicidal, which means that it can destroy and eliminate germs. The short wavelengths of UV light allow for mould on surfaces to be destroyed as well.
UV light has proven to be highly effective at eliminating mould because the entirety of the environment where the lamp is being used is blanketed by the light, which allows for the whole area to be disinfected. While manual cleaning methods are able to get rid of mould, these methods are usually much more time-consuming and ineffective. If you install an ultraviolet lamp in an HVAC system, it can keep the entire system free from mould. Keep in mind that the overall effectiveness of UV lights for eliminating mould depends on the length of time that the mould is exposed to the light as well as the intensity of the light that you’re using. UV lights with higher intensity will typically be more effective at killing mould than less intensive lights.
0 views0 comments