top of page


Updated: Dec 1, 2021

Indoor air is always full of contaminants such as bacteria, viruses, mould, mildew, pollen, smoke and other contaminants.

These are often the trigger for a variety of diseases such as asthma and other allergic conditions.

UV-C Germicidal lights provide potent, cost-effective protection against these conditions.

One of the most common feedback from our clients who have purchased a Germicidal UV-C light is that they have noticed a residual odour after disinfection, often described as sulphur or burnt hair smell. As the light is used more times, the smell lessens.

A recent study by Dr N Brais about the residual odours from UV-C disinfection has been published, showing information on how UV irradiation of keratin and cysteine (found in hair, skin and other areas) in dust particles from the air, emit chemical bi-products of thiol and mercaptan molecules, which contain a significant amount of sulphur and while they may smell unpleasant, are non-toxic.

Xspor Mould removal is effective

56 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

This E-Book contains many helpful hints about reducing the humidity and moisture in your home and how to help prevent mould growth in your internal space.

bottom of page