Is UV Light Effective in Eliminating Mould?

UV light is very effective at eliminating mould. Because this light directly penetrates the mould cells and damages the nucleic acids, the mould cells eventually die off after a period of an hour or two. The two other common methods that are used for eliminating mould include manually getting rid of the mould and using a fogging machine with a natural product called “Enzycleanse”. If you decide to manually clean the mould in your home, you will need to combine water with some type of chemical, the primary of which is bleach. When using this method, each spot of mould must be tended to, which can make for a very time-consuming and exhausting process. It’s also easy to miss a spot when attempting to manually eliminate mould. The cleaning agents that you use can be harmful to the humans and pets, which means that extra precautions must be taken.

As for fogging machines, cold thermal foggers are the main machines used to eliminate mould. When paired with an AC unit, they spray “Enzycleanse”through the system to eliminate the mould. The main benefit of using this method is that the fog can penetrate all aspects of the system as opposed to a single area. However, it’s also possible that the spray could damage the circuit board of the HVAC unit if not used correctly, specially trained personnel will stop this from happening.

The main advantages of using UV light to eliminate mould include:

Can eliminate mould spores more rapidly than other methods

Is typically more effective than alternatives

Allows you to avoid using chemicals

Should eradicate 99.9 percent of mould cells

The primary disadvantages of using a UV light to eliminate mould include:

These lights will need to be applied to every surface the mould is on

UV lamp must be placed at the right distance for mould cells to be eliminated

1 view0 comments
Contact Us
For Press Comments

For Australian & NZ Press comments contact Graeme

Our Socials
is brought to you by